POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Making clothes in Poser - Take 3 : Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Making clothes in Poser - Take 3: skin test
From: Janet
Date: 17 May 2007 21:50:01
Message: <web.464d04a837a6b451102f620@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> Yes, this looks good, Janet, and shows the kind of irregular tesselation
> that would work well with the Cloth Room. This prompted me to investigate
> the possibilities in Silo, and I can indeed triangulate the quads but nor
> really make them irregular like you can in Blender, as far as I can see now,
> at least for a flat mesh. A 3D object is another matter. I have to dig a bit
> more into this.
> Well, one reason more to start on Blender some day :-)
>
> Thomas

I subdivided this mesh that I posted and did a cloth simulation on it as a
long skirt. I also tried the same type of cloth simulation with another
mesh that was made of quads (rectangles). This mesh draped in a much more
interesting way than the quad mesh did. The quad mesh draped fine, but in a
very ordinary way. So, more experimenting... This is fun, now that I got the
"hang" of it.
Hmm, yeah, a flat mesh is good if it works for what you're doing. The flat
ones are so easy to UV map too. I don't think I could achieve the
irregularity on a 3D mesh in Blender, although someone else might know how
to.